Stay Connected

Saturday 2 April 2016

Lush Cup O’ Coffee Facemask

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I am a self-confessed coffee addict.  I love everything about it – the look, the smell, the taste.  Everything.  So it shouldn’t really come as a surprise when I say that after discovering that Lush had a self-preserved coffee based facemask on sale – I put it to the top of my Lush hit list.  It took a couple of trips into town to get my purchase, as it would appear that this particular mask is a popular one in Aberdeen.  I can totally see why now, as this is my absolute new favourite Lush mask! 
Cup O’ Coffee is the mask that you need in your life if you like to exfoliate like me! I feel a need to give my face a good scrubbing when I wash it (you can read about a really good exfoliating cleanser by clicking here), and so anytime that I do use a facemask – I tend to give my face a scrub with an alternative product after… just for good measure.  The ground up coffee beans used in this mask are just perfect for this, as the particles are so, so fine that you can safely scrub away at your skin without having to worry about actually causing it any harm.
Cup O’ Coffee comes in one of Lush’s little black pots, and when you open it up you get the sweet aroma of freshly brewed coffee.  The mixture is light brown in colour, and is really runny and wet when in the tub.  When you scoop the mask out to apply to your face, it’s a really sticky constituency – but yet is super easy to smooth across your face.  What I really like about applying it is that you can give your skin as scrub as you apply it.  I like to use a semi generous amount over my face and leave it on anywhere between 10-25 minutes at a time.  This mask doesn’t dry or harden as you wear it, which is great because it makes it so much easier to wash off.  When I’ve given my skin its coffee fix, I use some warm water to rinse it off, scrubbing as I go to give my skin a really good exfoliation.  After use, my skin looks as though it’s just been given a new lease of life!   Sometimes I swear its glowing.  It also makes my skin  feel really smooth and clean – especially around my nose where I tend to get the blackhead breakouts. 
This mask is priced at just £6.75 for 150g (just like Mask of Magminty, which you can read about further down!), which is a total bargain for the quality of the product you are getting.  I picked up my tub of Cup O’ Coffee back in January and have only now just finished it back in  March – so for three months’ worth of facemask, I’m definitely not going to complain!  I’m looking forward to my next pay day treats, so I can stock up on another tub of this god send, as well as some other cheeky treats!

Have you tried out any of the Lush self-preserved face masks yet?

Until the next one,

Lauren x

No comments:

Post a Comment