Stay Connected

Friday 22 April 2016

Catastrophe Cosmetic

So after running out of all of my last Lush facemask, and having manged to save up a total of 13 black pots since the festive period, I decided that it was time to trade in five of them in exchange for one of their fresh facemasks.  Not sure what I was l would come away with seeing at I headed in the day before their weekly delivery, I was delighted to find that they had several pots of Catastrophe Cosmetic, which is one that I have had in the past and very much enjoyed.
Catastrophe Cosmetic is packed with lovely ingredients including blueberries, rose, calamine and chamomile which when are mixed together in this concoction make a gorgeous smell, which I think is exactly like Parma Violet sweeties!
For best results, I recommend using this mask on freshly washed skin – I know that some people like to apply a light moisturiser beforehand, but I personally feel that this would prevent some of the benefits on the mask.  One of the things that I love most about this product is that it is perfect for problematic skin like mine.  I enjoy it because my eczema causes my face to dry out abnormally quickly – and I always need to apply a moisturiser straight after I wash my face.  All of the ingredients help to soothe my skin, especially the areas around my mouth and eyes, as these tend to be the places that suffer the most during a breakout.  As my eczema had been acting up this last couple of weeks, it was really nice to be able to apply a facemask that was beneficial to my skin – but not harsh enough to cause it any irritation. 
This fresh face mask is a very thick mixture, which although is very nice for when you’ve applied it to your face and are enjoying that chill time during the treatment - because it is so thick I find that it can be a little difficult to apply to the skin, as large pieced tend to clump off as you rub it in.  To avoid this, I recommend applying a little at a time and rubbing it in as much as possible to avoid any wastage.
The one main problem that I do have with this mask is that it tends to flake off as it is drying – sometimes even before it has dried in completely.  I like to wear any facemask for around 15-20 minutes at a time, however I have come to find that this mask tends to only be suitable for around a 10 minute session before it starts to flake away.  That being said, I really do enjoy washing this mask off, as when you start to run away at it with the water, it turns into a beautiful paste like consistency which feels really moisturising and smells amazing!  When washed off completely, I don’t even feel the need to grab at my moisturiser the second it is washed off, which is unusual for my bad skin.  Even better yet, I’ve found that this mask instantly makes any angry blemishes look slightly less irritated, which is always a boost!  This mask will always make a return in my fridge whenever my skin starts to act up, as it is the perfect way to soothe any irritation and add a little more moisture!

What’s your favourite fresh facemask at the moment?

Until the next one,


No comments:

Post a Comment