Stay Connected

Monday 23 May 2016

Food Intolerance Test – Foods I Can Eat

I’m now starting my fourth week on my yeast/dairy/gluten/garlic/chilli/ginger free diet – what a mouthful, huh?  It was really daunting and difficult to start off with, but I can actually say that I’m almost enjoying it now.  I’ve seen a great improvement to my overall health this last month; I’m not bloated every day, my skin feels and even looks healthy, I’ve lost weight and I’ve felt that I’ve had a lot more energy overall.  I don’t tend to take many naps anymore either, which was something I used to do near every single day!  So yeah, I’m really happy that with another two weeks to go, there is still potential to see even more good come from my diet change. 
Mum made me some blueberries muffins!
At the end of the six weeks, I’m looking forward to introducing garlic and chilli back into my diet… slowly.  I’m pretty content now with my gluten/yeast/dairy freeways, but I’m really excited to get some flavour back into my life!  I’m just really hoping that these are not the foods that are contributing to my eczema, as the one thing I miss the most from this whole experience is garlic! 
When we discovered that chilli and garlic is in almost every single jar of pasta sauce, we improvised and made our own!
There are a number of foods that I have come across this last month that are surprisingly gluten/dairy/yeast free – which have pretty much been my go too snacks and dinners:

-baked beans         
-almond butter                 
-quorn roast chicken peices
-pombears             
-kettle chips                     
-quorn peppered steak
-ruffles bars           
 -seabrook lattice crisps     
-linda mcarthney red onion sausages
-skinny popcorn      
-propercorn                      
-quorn bacon
-nakd bars              
-eggs                               
-fruit yoyos
-rice cakes              
-rice                                 
-fruit winders
-plant based milks  
-violife cheese                   
-free from salad cream
-free from pasta     
-free from chocolate          
-fruit and veg (low sugar preferably)
-frys peppermint creams                                  
-tellytots                         
-alpro yoghurt        
-lizis granola                     
-seabrook ready salted crisps                       
-coconut oil            
-nutribix                           
-tofu 
-ninebars  



There really isn’t that many things that are suitable, but at the same time I’m still really surprised by the amount of choice there is for the people who simply cannot eat gluten or dairy alone.  I thought that these two would be the most difficult for me to stick too – but it turns out that finding foods without garlic, ginger and chill has been just as equally awkward!
Overall, I’m pleasantly surprised by how much I have actually enjoyed watching what eat, I feel really good about my overall health at the moment and I hope that I have the will power to keep going in the long run!  I’m hoping to be able to cut back on the flavoured water that I drink daily too, because I’ve recently become more aware of the artificial sweeteners and how they can affect the body.  One thing at a time though kids!

Do you know anyone adjusting their diet right now too? 


Until the next one,

No comments:

Post a Comment