Stay Connected

Thursday 5 May 2016

Lush Bubble Gum Lip Scrub

For as long as I have been shopping at Lush – the lip scrubs were always something that I have tried to avoid like the plague.  Paying £5.50 for such a small product that I believed did very little was something that I had no interest in.  I even went to the extreme one time of actually making my own – which was actually quite nice and worked really well, if I’m honest.  Honey, coconut oil, sugar and peppermint essence.  Just a little too messy for my liking.  So it actually kind of came as a surprise to myself when I randomly decided to add one to my basket one evening.  During this winter past, my lips were really super dry and sore from all of the wind, rain and the little snow that we had to endure.  So I thought “what the hell?”  I had the cash, and felt like going a little bit nuts – which is apparently my approach to every purchase I make there now!
When it finally arrived in the post, it didn’t take me long to crack it open and give it a bash.  The smell is incredible, it smells just like those really cheap and nasty bubble gum balls that you would buy from a sweetie shop when you were a kid which tasted like heaven.  The colour was also stunning, this scrub is a fluorescent pink which makes it stand out from the other scrubs… bar The Kiss, the valentine’s limited edition.
The scrub is really quite loose in the tub which makes it really good and super easy for actually giving your lips a nice scrubbing.  It does however tend to be a tad messy when using though – clumps tend to fall off as you’re applying and you end up with pink sugar everywhere!  After use, my lips feel brand spanking new every time.  I apply a little bit of lip balm straight after use, which leaves my lips feeling nice and soft until my next application.  I’ve been using my scrub a few times a week since purchasing back in December, and I’ve only now used about half of the pot – which I think is amazing considering that this was a £5.50 purchase.  I’m absolutely delighted with my Bubble Gum Lip Scrub, and although I’m not sure it will be something that I will stock up on straight away when I run out – the fact that it’s lasted me this long for such a small price makes me think that this won’t be my last purchase of the product!



Have you tried any of the Lush lip scrubs?  What’s your favourite?


Until the next one,

No comments:

Post a Comment