Stay Connected

Sunday 5 June 2016

Fun Bath Bombs

For a very long time I tried my hardest to avoid all of the Lush bath bombs.  There was two reasons for this: One, I can’t have a bath at my house, so I only get the opportunity when I stay at my boyfriends – so I didn’t tend to go for one that often.  Two, some of them can be quite pricey for my liking.  £4 for a singular bath bomb?!  Fair enough they are pretty huge – but jesus christ!  Funnily enough though, I am actually now converted (thanks to the Boxing Day half-price sale) and I do really rather enjoy treating myself to these expensive bath bombs and soaking in the tub.  There have been a few recently that I have tried out and loved, they were so fabulous actually that they inspired this post.
Intergalatic
I wanted my first proper bath bomb to be one that was going to convince me that there would be no going back to plain boring baths ever again.  I had bought several of the Cinders in the Boxing Day sale, and although they did leave me smelling amazing – they just didn’t meet my high expectations.  Intergalatic did however meet this criteria, it all started when I caught it sparkling away at me when I walked into the store.  I’d seen loads of pretty pictures and videos on Instagram prior to purchasing, so I knew from the get go that it was never going to disappoint.  Even before you pop this in the bath, Intergalatic looks totally mesmerizing, all of the colours are blended and swirled in perfectly with one another creating a beautiful image of a galaxy – with the glitter sparkling away at you with every twist and turn in your hand.  Loaded with peppermint and grapefruit oils – Intergalatic creates a beautiful and refreshing fragrance that smells so good, I’d love to be able to bottle it up if I could!  As you pop this bad boy into the water it creates colours and images that you cant help but take photos of every single time you go to use one!  Priced at £3.95, I would highly recommend this one to anyone you fancies a good old pamper session.  I like to use Mask Of Magminty while in the tub to create a real minty theme. 


Sex Bomb
I treated myself to this beauty back in April when I was in Glasgow with my sisters, taking them to a 5SOS concert.  When we discovered  that there was going to be a strong possibility that our room was going to have a bath in it (and there was – praise jesus!) – we all went to Lush and treated ourselves to bath bombs that we had not tried out before.  After being given a demonstration in the store of Think Pink by one of the assistants, he suggested Sex Bomb as an extra wee treat, which I decided would do the job just nicely.  It was one of those ones that ive been wanted to try out for a long time anyway, I had just never gotten round to making the purchase.  I loved the vibrant pink and purple flower on the top, it made it feel really girly and pampering – and that was just when looking at it.  To smell, it’s a really seductive kind of floral and jasmine scent.  It’s really pleasant, however to some it might appear to be over powering.  Sex bomb creates a very vibrant and beautiful pink coloured bath that creates a very chill and relaxed atmosphere.  And that little flower that I told you about?  It floats beautifully in the water until you decide you are ready to rub it into your skin like a soap.  I think my favourite part of this bath bomb is that the scent lasts a super long time – my sisters said that they could actually smell it on me at the concert – amazing!  Sex bomb retails at £3.50, and I would recommend it to anyone who fancies a real girly treat.
Lover Lamp
Although not as colourful and quite so exciting to watch as it fizzes away in the bath, Lover Lamp is another one of my favourite bath bombs now.  It makes me really sad that this is a limited edition bath bomb, because I now need to wait until next Valentine ’s Day to stock up!  Another one on the larger side, Lover Lamp creates a beautiful white a frothy bath for you from the moment you drop it in the water.  Packed with cocoa butter, orange oil and vanilla, it releases a delicious fragrance that absorbs into your skin – leaving you smelling pretty all night long.  My favourite feature of this one, is that the little red hearts are actually little pockets of cocoa butter – they float around in the tub until you feel like rubbing them into your skin.  Lover Lamp is a gorgeous bath bomb for when you feel like jumping in the tub, but don’t care for all the glitter!

What’s your favourite Lush bath bomb right now?


Until the next one,

No comments:

Post a Comment