Stay Connected

Friday 11 August 2017

Uncommon Goods - Gift Guide

It’s not even half way through the year yet, the kids are still on holiday, the sun is still
shining (on occasion!) and I’ve already started planning my Christmas shopping for this year.  That’s right, I’m one of THOSE people.  Christmas is one of my favourite times of year, because I love buying gifts for lovely people, and spreading the love and Christmas joy with every that I meet!  I could do Christmas all year round, seriously.  I was already in the midst of planning out some of the smaller bits and bobs to put away for the festive season when Rocky from Uncommon Goods approached me and asked for me to take a look at their site for some gifting inspo. 

Uncommon Goods are a US brand who have a focus on making themselves an environmental and sustainable retailer.  All of their goods are handcrafted and sources from individuals, crafters and small manufactures.  What I love the most about this is that they only stock goods that cause no harm to people or animals, meaning that their stock sustainable, mostly made from recycled materials and cruelty free! I'm currently working on becoming more green myself in regards to my waste - blog post to follow soon - and so this was important to me as I'll be looking carefully at where my money is going when I spend it. I love the ethics and everything about this brand, and I’m so delighted to be working on them for this post!

Here is a gift guide that I have personally put together from their fabulous selection of goodies.  These are just some of the bits that really stood out to me as I was browsing the site, although I reckon that I could build up a pretty hefty bill picking out bits for everyone, If my bank balance would allow me!

Lamarama Large Zipper Pouch
Uncommon Goods is one of those sites that no matter what section you land on, you are absolutely going to find something for every single person on your gift list.  I’ve got 6 siblings in total, and as I was scrolling through the Gifts for Her page, I came across this super cute coin pouch.  My sister Eve has a thing for Lamas – don’t ask – and so when I spied this I knew it would be the perfect match for her, as it would go perfectly with her lama hat that she wears during the colder months.  You do you Eve, you’re rocking it!


Elwood the Rainbow Unicorn Mug
Another gift that stood out to me as I was scrolling through the site was this gorgeous unicorn mug,  that I think  certain someone I know would absolutely love!  I don’t know about you, but there is nothing that I enjoy more at Christmas timue than enjoying a nice festive drink in the colder months in some cosy pjs and a nice new mug!  This bad boy is going to make a certain someone smile at Christmas time,


Ceramic Guitar Wall Sculptures
After scrolling for a good while checking out all of the lovely bits that I could grab for my sisters, my mum and my girlfriends – I finally a unique and special little something for my boyfriendthese handcrafted ceramic guitar wall sculptures.  My boyfriend likes to play on occasion when he’s in the mood, however he always keeps his guitars on the wall of his bedroom.  I know that when we have our own place, he’s either going to do the same in his man cave, or put them away somewhere, not to be seen unless he wants to play.  Should it be the latter, these cute sculptures would make the perfect compromise to remind him that he’s got them there, ready to be played when he is ready.



So there you have it, my Christmas shopping is well underway now after having been introduced to this fantastic site - I hope this gives you some gifting inspo too, Christmas or not!

Until the next one,


Lauren X

1 comment:

  1. Its great getting your Christmas shopping done early although I must say I do enjoy shopping around Christmas time the atmosphere is just so happy!! I love the unicorn mug x

    S x
    SHELISES WORLD

    ReplyDelete