Stay Connected

Tuesday 12 July 2016

Battle of the Lip Care

I’ve been on a mission these last few weeks to try and find the perfect lip product for my poor dry lips.  I woke up one morning and they were just so red, sore, chapped and just really uncomfortable – not to mention really unpleasant looking.  I tried creams, coconut oil and my trusty Lush Lip Scrub – but none of it worked!  So payday past, I picked up a few wee bits to put to the test of trying to bring my lips back to normality.  Here is what I found!
Crazy Rumours
After searching high and low online for a cruelty free lip balm, I was delighted to spy that Holland and Barrett stocked these fantastic balms.  For a long time I saw a lot of people raving about these on Instagram, as they are a 100% natural and vegan lip balm with a load of lovely favours!  From sodas, to citrus, to coffee and even festivities – Crazy Rumours legit have a flavour for everyone and every mood possible!  I treated myself to the lovely Peppermint one as I like the tinglyness on my lips when they’re not looking great, and it sure didn’t disappoint.  A simple balm with no colour, it’s really helped to try and get my lips over this weird dry phase!  It’s a lovely light weight balm that is non sticky and really soothing – especially when the peppermint starts to set in.  It takes a few seconds to feel the tingle, however it lasts long enough to make them feel lush and lively!  The smell is so great too, it reminds me of candy canes and you can actually smell it as you’re wearing it which is fab.  I’m really pleased with my purchase and will be picking up a few others the next time I head into Holland and Barrett!
Burts Bees
How is it possible that I am going to be twenty two this year, and this month was the first time EVER that I have tried a Burts Bees product?  Although not vegan, they are a totally cruelty free which is exactly what I need right now!  Seeing as Holland and Barrett had a BOGOHP sale on at the time of purchase, I decided to go for one of each brand.  I went for the Wild Cherry flavour as I fancied something fruity, which smells absolutely amazing, like good enough to eat.  Unlike Crazy Rumours, Burts is quite a thick balm which you can totally feel as you apply it.  It leaves my lips feeling glossy and very well nourished with every application, and I’ve noticed that one application of this will last me hours – although I do like to apply a touch up, it definitely is not necessary.  Like Crazy Rumours, Burts have a great variety of flavours to choose from – so many actually that I’ve decided to pick up a few gift sets to put away for Christmas pressies already… I like to be organised okay?! 
Lush Charity Pot
I also picked myself up a small pot of my trusty old friend Charity Pot during my last visit to Lush, as it’s been a while since I scooped one up.  It’s the perfect size for my little travel bag, and is great for those times when my lips feel like they’re on fire and need to be soothed.  A little goes a long way with this, so for just £3.50 it’s a bargain considering I’ve barley made a dent in it coming up to week three since purchase.  I will admit that it does feel a little greasy at times when apply to my chin and upper lip too, however when it’s all absorbed it does leave my skin feeling soft to the touch and less irritated.

Unfortunately, as much as I’ve loved all these products - none have them have managed to cure my poor old lips completely…yet!  Although very much improved, there have been a few days (like today) when nothing seems to want to help me out.  I’m delighted with each of my purchases - however I’m still on the hunt for that perfect product!

What’s your go to purchase for your peckers?


Until the next one,

4 comments:

  1. My lips can get so dry too. It's just horrible, isn't it? Really need to check out these products. Thank you for sharing xx

    Antonia || Sweet Passions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading!
      Dry lips are the worst - legit one of my biggest pet hates!
      Lauren X

      Delete
  2. I used to use the lush lip scrubs, my fave was bubble gum one. I now use the body shop born lippy pot, it works wonders for my lips. Really enjoyed reading this :) xx

    https://trulyclaire.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will have to check out The Body Shop lippys - totally didn't even think to look there! Thanks for sharing that :)
      I'm still using my Lush scrub now, just it isn't really helping much :(
      Lauren X

      Delete